7/30/12

This Isle

THIS ISLE

I love the morning, breaking in silence and mist
Song of the sunrise, hail the day
And I love the warm light stroking my senses in turn
There for my dream's eyes, awake, awake

And I love the fall into the wonder of all this
And I see it all, in your smile, my child
And I love to feel I am a part of all this
Land of my soul, for the while, this isle

I hurt for the follies, caused by our anger and greed
Plight of the forests, gone, gone
And I hurt for the wastelands, the crimes to our rivers and seas
The beasts that are hunted, run, run

And I see the wars led by our pride and our hate
The darkness that draws on your smile, my child
And I see us all and question the course of our fate
And I long for peace, for the while, this isle

I love the night sky, bright with the moon and her stars
Healing my heart's wounds, gone, gone
All are reminders of time and our role in all this
Guiding with greatness, on, and on

And I love the dreams that come as a gift in my sleep
And show what it means, this smile, this child
And I love the truth: tomorrow is still a new day
Land of our souls, for the while, this isle.

No comments:

Post a Comment